We are proud to announce our 3 new services: Massage Therapy, Stretch Therapy, and Kinetisense Technology for Functional Movement.
Massage therapy is an important part of athletic training and recovery and can have a dramatic effect on the rehabilitation of sports injuries. Dynamic Sports Medicine’s team of recovery specialists are skilled in multiple techniques including myofascial release, soft-tissue mobilization, cross-fiber, trigger point, and compression massage, among others.
When used as a therapeutic tool during recovery or maintenance, massage therapy offers many physiological benefits:
- soothes sore muscles and aids in post-workout recovery
- reduces inflammation that causes pain
- loosens muscle constrictions and adhesions for reduction of pain and greater mobility
- increases flexibility and range of motion for improved performance
- assists in the rehabilitation of injury by improving circulation
- encourages relaxation for better rest and recovery
Stretching is an important and often neglected component of an athletic training program.
But many sports injuries or other experiences of pain during movement are the direct result of muscles being too tight around the joints or otherwise constricted due to a more generalized focus on opposing muscle groups.
Dynamic Sports Medicine offers trained stretch therapists who create personalized, hands-on stretch routines that can result in greater athletic performance and ease of everyday movement.
While your program may include specific stretches you can and should do at home, stretch therapy is a manual technique in which the patient plays a passive role, and the therapist does the work. Similar to massage, the patient relaxes while the therapist utilizes a vast knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and body mechanics to guide patients through postures targeting specific muscle groups and connective tissues surrounding the joints.
By utilizing gentle, carefully applied pressure to specific muscle groups, therapists seek tension release, but never pain. Patients often notice an immediate improvement and leave their sessions feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
The many benefits of professional stretch therapy include:
- reduction in pain from tense, tight muscles
- greater range of motion, mobility, and strength
- lower risk of injury
- better circulation and blood flow
- improved posture
- knowledge and accountability for improving body function with regular stretching
Kinetisense Technology for Functional Movement
Dynamic Sports Medicine is pleased to offer Kinetisense Technology for functional movement to complement our hands-on therapies in helping our patients achieve their therapeutic goals.
The Kinetisense Advanced Movement Screen (KAMS) utilizes 3D technology in a state-of-the-art assessment tool that enables us to capture and analyze a patient’s movements, and teach them how to move more effectively. Whether the patient is an athlete or an older patient trying to reduce the risk of falling, KAMS can:
- measure balance and highlight areas that need strengthening
- gain insight into mobility patterns
- determine the active and passive range of motion capabilities
- accurately assess posture from all angles to determine its role in pain and well being
With the hard, patient-specific data provided by KAMS, we remove the guesswork in the creation of targeted treatment plans to elicit better patient outcomes in a shorter period of time. The data reports provided by KAMS allow patients to not only feel improvements but see improvements in balance, range of motion, strength, and movement.